About me 👨💻
I’m a science and technology enthusiast with experience collaborating in research, management and development of technological projects, regular hackathon participant/ organizer and tech community leader. I have special interest in open source communities, civic technology, open data and digital public goods.
- Project Management, Agile (Scrum/ Kanban), Data Analysis & Visualization, UX/ UI Design, Software Architecture, Web Development.
- Team leadership, Collaboration, Fast learner, Communication, Creativity, Time management.
- Python, Flask, SQL, Jekyll, HTML, JS, CSS, JSON, Git, Bootstrap, UI Kit.
- GitHub, Slack, Trello, Airtable, Zapier, Glitch, Microsoft Office, Google G Suite.
Chief Operating Officer | 2021 - present (remote)
Codeando México - site.
- Coordinate the strategic efforts of the organization and assist in the growth strategy, new collaborations and product development.
- Design, manage and implement civic technology and open data projects with multiple stakeholders and foster collaboration with the community.
Sherpa Digital | 2020 - 2021 (remote)
Microsoft México (Innovacción Virtual Programme) - site.
- Lead a professional certification course in Microsoft technologies for more than 10,000 students from all over the country.
- Guide and encourage the development of an innovation community on Industry 4.0 topics through challenges, events, hackathons and more.
Open Data Lead | 2019 - 2021 (León, México)
LAB León/ General Innovation Office León - site.
- Bring strategic and technical plans into action in order to ensure national and international compliance for Open Government policies.
- Data analysis, prototype development and management of public and civic innovation projects using tech.
Mentor | 2019 - 2020 (León, México)
Tecnológico de Monterrey (ITESM) - site.
- Mentor for undergrad and grad students at the pre-incubation Tec Lean Discover program at the University startup center (Parque CIEN).
Technology Consultant | 2018 (León, México)
Hatch Startups - Site.
- Designed and developed chatbot services, APIs and other software prototypes, as well as technical guidance.
Technology Consultant | 2016 - 2017 (Montreal, Canada)
Inter-American Organization for Higher Education (OUI-IOHE) - site.
- Audit, manage and implement information technology solutions, as well as the implementation of information security procedures.
Project Manager | 2016 - 2017 (Guanajuato, México)
University of Guanajuato/ Secretariat of Management and Development - site.
- Manage and oversee strategic projects (human resources, technology and infrastructure) for the university.
Event Lead Organizer
- University of Guanajuato 5th Student Summit (2021) - site.
- Mega Hackathon Innovacción Virtual (2021) - site
- Open Data Day León (2020, 2021) - site.
- Datatón ODS EDUCAFIN (2020)
- MLH Local Hack Day @Future Lab (2017, 2018 & 2019) - site.
- Datostada Mx (2019) - site.
- NASA Space Apps Challenge Gto (2019) - site.
- BeeHack (2019) - site.
- GuanaHacks (2018) - site.
- AllBioTech Summit (2018) - site.
Master in Software and Systems | 2018 - 2019 (Madrid, Spain)
Universidad Politécnica de Madrid - UPM.
Bachelor in Administrative Information Systems | 2013 - 2018 (Guanajuato, México)
Universidad de Guanajuato - UGTO.
Research Internship in Knowledge Management | 2016 (Montreal, Canada)
École de Technologie Supérieure - ETS.
Academic publications 📝
Design and Evaluation of Usability Elements and User Experience Enhancements of a Gamified System for Computer Science Learning.
(Mirón-Torres & Fuertes-Castro, 2019) - UPM Digital Archive - article.
Development Of A Pension Simulator As A Knowledge Management Tool Based On The Simulation Of Experiences.
(Mirón-Torres & Vázquez-González, 2017) - Jóvenes en la Ciencia UGTO - article.
Other activities 🤟
Co-founder and director | 2016 - present (Guanajuato, México)
Future Lab - site.
- Coordination of the efforts of a tech community focused on scientific and technological innovation, project development, organization of events and education initiatives.
Local collaborator | 2018 - present (Guanajuato, México)
Clubes de Ciencia México - site.
- Clubes is a worldwide non-profit organization that promotes professional opportunities in science and technology for high school and freshmen undergrad students.
Volunteer | 2017 (Giessen, Germany)
ICJA Freiwilligenaustausch Weltweit - site.
- Organization dedicated to promoting human rights, volunteer in a refugee center.
- Good Tech Fest 2022 - site.
- Free and Open Source Software Developers’ European Meeting (FOSDEM 2022) - site.
- Open House Fundation for Public Code 2022 - site.
- Civic Hacker Summit 2021 site.
- Conferencia Nacional de Datos Abiertos (DATACON 2021) - site.
- Quarantine Hub Talks 2020 - site.
- International Meeting on Artificial Intelligence and its Applications (RIIAA 2.0) 2019.
- Vocational and Professional Education Forum of Leon 2019/ 2017.
- Google Education #innovaparami Forum 2018.
- Latin American Festival of Free Software Installation (FLISoL 2018).
- Yucatan International Reading Fair (FILEY 2018).
Other 15+ tech, innovation and social events.
MLH Top 50 Hackers
Major League Hacking. International (2021): Community building.
State Youth Award
Government of the State of Guanajuato. Guanajuato, México (2018): Academy and technology.
Post Graduate Full Scholarship
Fundación Carolina. Madrid, Spain (2018): Master program at UPM
1st place Challenge HDI Talent City Hackathon
Talent Network. León, México (2018): Automation of insurance services.
Winner of the Hands for the World contest
EDUCAFIN. Giessen, Germany (2017): Participation in the international PROTON program (Positive Relationships Open Opportunities for Tangible Developments ERASMUS +)
1st place SWITCH Hackathon
Start Up México. León, México (2017): Natural disaster reporting system.
1st place Hackapalooza IBM Bluehack
IBM México. Guadalajara, México. (2017): Smart assistant in personalized online shopping services.
1st place Institutional Contest of Creativity and Innovation
University of Guanajuato. Guanajuato, México (2017): Smart solution for customer service.
1st place Hackathon re-programmed CFOX
Campus Party México. León, México (2017): Smart bot for citizen attention.
Winner GTP TALENTIC Tecnoparque
GTO. León, México (2016): Intelligent web-scraping search system.